Here is my motif number 9:
It is a "Stargazer Lily" by Linda S Davies. The pattern is available in Linda's book, "Exotic Range of Tatted Flowers". The book is available at Linda's website. I really like this pattern. It is fairly simple, so each petal can be made quite fast. Combined with lily stamens, purchased or homemade (mine are homemade), and some wire, you get a very realistic lily. I used Flora thread in colour numbers 205 & 225.
My next motif comes from the creative mind of Nancy Tracy of Be-Stitched:
It is Nancy's newest pattern of the month, a Magnolia. While mine doesn't look like Nancy's, it is still a very beautiful, realistic flower. I used Coats thread in an unknown variegated pink and Coats Opera thread in white, both size 30. You will see this flower again. I plan on making the Magnolia in size 10 thread. Magnolia flowers can be up to 8 inches (or more) in diameter, and I like to make 3D flowers as realistic as possible.
And finally, I got some new shuttles!!!
The green shuttle on the left is a Sew Mate Shuttle. The shuttle on the upper right is a David Reed Smith shuttle made with walnut wood. The shuttle on the lower right is a David Reed Smith shuttle made out of Zebrawood. Even though I far prefer Aero shuttles (or almost any bobbin type shuttle) I really like these three post type shuttles. I have always wanted a DRS shuttle for as long as I knew they existed. Thanks to my grandma and the birthday money I got last month, I finally have my David Reed Smith shuttles.