Here is my motif number 8.....
.....I'm just not sure which one. OK, that's not entirely true. I know which one I like, but I would like the opinion of my fellow tatters. Which of these three Green Iris Pendants (by Nina Libin) looks the best? The threads used are as follows:
A: One, three ply strand of DMC Metallic embroidery thread (I believe this is the recommended thread for the pattern).
B: Two strands of DFN 6 strand metallic embroidery floss (with beads I got from Kate in the December 2007 Ornament exchange).
C: Three strands of DFN 6 strand metallic embroidery floss.
All three used size 11 beads. The beads in A and C are Japanese Delicas. You may wonder why I made three of the pendants in different sizes/kinds of thread. I wasn't happy with the results I was getting with the DMC metallic embroidery thread. I contacted Nina to see if I was using the wrong thread. Apparently that was (one of) the thread(s) she was using. I suggested using metallic 6 strand embroidery floss. I guess she wasn't aware of metallic 6 strand embroidery floss, and suggested I try 2 or three strands to see how they work.
I would love to hear what you all think about the three pendants, so please leave comments about them. Oh, and the losing pendant will be cut apart for bead recovery. The cost of the Delicas requires it. My favourite is C, which is my choice for motif #8:
Besides the tatting I have been doing (I have a couple projects in progress), I was hoping to transplant my baby African Violets this weekend. Here is a picture:
As you can see, some of the pots are quite full of little baby violets. Of course, once they are repotted, I will probably have twice (or even thrice) the number of African violets when I am done. It's a good thing that most of the ones pictured are miniatures.