Tuesday, April 26, 2016

The Monsterpiece Doily: Round 11 Complete!

Well, I finally finished the last scallop of round 11 this morning. I am very happy to have it finished, as I really didn't care for these last two rounds. Between the two rounds, there were over 40 ends that had to be dealt with. Since I used Magic Threads for most of them it sounds worse than it is. I have one end that needs to be sewn in. The Magic Thread broke when I tried pulling it. I'm going to say that it was probably my fault, as I forgot to replace it. I usually replace the MTs every 2-3 uses since I find they weaken from use pretty quickly. Anyway, here is the doily:


Hopefully its obvious, I used my regular camera to take the picture. My iPhone just wasn't doing the doily justice; it's too big now. The doily, not my phone. For anyone who's curious, the doily measures approximately 18 inches (45.72 cm) in diameter, tip of scallop to tip of scallop. I know I keep saying it, but I think I really should block it before continuing on. I am looking forward to the next round, but I think I will take a week or two break from it. I still have several knitting and crocheting projects I'd like to finish. Thread stats: Manuela size 20 in colour #a022.

That's it for now. My next post probably will not have any tatting in it, but I think that's OK. I'm sure you guys might want a change too. Till next time.

10 comments:

  1. It is nice to have the "separate motif thing on a doily done" it is no fun. No it will be smooth sailing :) I too struggle the magic thread thing and for a while just used a tiny wire and now I am back to whip stitching the ends down its looks and works best for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good. I think you deserve a break after that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. It's looking good. You do deserve a break.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOLY MOLY!!!
    That's amazing :D Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your doily looks wonderful!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great, when the MT works it sure saves time and I think a cleaner finish as I can't seem to not distort my stitches a bit when sewing the ends in. Funny but Hubby just asked about the big doily yesterday. Before I start another project I think I will finish a row.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yippee! You've made wonderful progress, and I love the colors you're using!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your making good progress, looking lovely so far
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete