I finished round 10 of The Monsterpiece Doily yesterday, as expected. I had no issues with this round. I want to thank everyone who commented and provided suggestions for tatting this round. I didn't really follow most of them. Sorry. I didn't have issues with which picots to join to, so I didn't mark which ones to join to. Bernice mentioned that she did rounds 10 and 11 together and used split rings to do it. I wasn't quite sure how that would work so I waited until the last scallop of round 10 to try it. With great care, and reorganizing the pattern on the fly in my head to make regular rings into split rings, I did it. It works, but I don't know if I love the result. I can tell that a split ring was used in round 10, and I'm not happy about that. I like split rings to look like a regular rings. With careful blocking and shaping, it might look OK. You be the judge.
It's getting harder to photograph the beast. My new background will be too small after round 11. I have to be further away from it each time to get it all in frame. I am looking forward to getting round 11 finished. I don't want to sound impatient though. Might be a sign that I should work on another project for a while. Thread stats: Manuela size 20 in colour #a022.
That's it for now. I'll probably keep working on the doily for a while yet. I started another pair of socks a few weeks ago, using actual sock yarn. I could work on that for a while. I also ordered some fur yarn online earlier in March. And I bought more wool yarn last Friday, so I could crochet some more slippers for myself as well. I shouldn't find it difficult to distract myself from the Monsterpiece Doily for a while if needed. Till next time.
PS: I love your comments, even if I don't always follow the suggestions. Keep'em coming!