I had hoped to post last night, but I never got that far. I made a somewhat serious error right when I was finishing the first motif of round 5 and decided to made the motif over. Oh, and I finished round 4, but forgot to take a photo of the doily before attaching the motif. When I cut off the first motif to make it over, I was going to take a photo before attaching the new motif. I forgot. Again.
Looking good so far, IMHO. If you're wondering what serious error I made on the motif, I'll tell you. After pulling the ends into the finished motif using the magic threads, I cut the threads short and accidentally cut a joining picot in the process. I know, I could have cut out the affected section and reattached the threads and hid them, but since I had to add thread part way through for one of the colours, I didn't want so many threads hidden in one motif. There were already several rings and chains that were thicker than the other ones. Besides, the motifs are pretty easy to make. Of course, I got so into making the new motif I forgot to add the first magic thread. I bet you saw that coming. Thread stats: the thread used for the round 5 chains/thrown off rings and round 4 is Manuela no. 20 colour #a055. The dusty rose thread in the round 5 clovers is Manuela no. 20 in colour #a022.
Hopefully it's obvious, but I got a hold of a needle that works to sew in the ends. I got several types and sizes-the exact sizes suggested for size 20 thread weren't available at the store I went to. I ended up using a self threading needle and was able to hide the threads I needed to hide. Hopefully they stay hidden. Because I'm gonna need it again.
Till next time.
PS: I won't have another tatting related post this week. I have a special post scheduled for Friday instead, so stay tuned for that.