Tuesday, May 21, 2013

German Triangle Motif Doily

As promised, I have a scan of the finished doily. I had intended on posting it yesterday, but ended up getting called in to work to replace someone who didn't show up. I got today off instead. I did spend a fair bit of today doing housecleaning (the horrors!!) and some organizing. Since I am going away this coming weekend, I need to get some of this stuff done. Anyway, here's the finished doily:

For anyone joining in late, the thread used is Lizbeth size 20 colour number 129 Purple Splendor. The pattern is available in Suzanne Schwenke's book Spitzen-Kreationen. I didn't mention it before as I forgot, but the motif is about 2 3/4 inches long across the longest dimension. The doily is about 7 1/4 inches across point to point. This has been a fun doily to tat. It was surprisingly quick too. I do plan on trying another one of Suzanne's motifs soon. I don't know how much tatting I'll get done while I'm gone, but I'll try. I probably won't get a chance to post again till I get back. Till next time.

11 comments:

  1. The negative space is so interesting! - alternate triangles and ovals - how on earth does that happen when it's the same motif being joined?
    Obviously I am not very spatially aware, nor a designer - but it struck me at once!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your doily looks fabulous! I love the color choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really lovely, the negative spaces are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like how that turned out. Very nice, and the colorway was a good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is lovely and I a sure your mum will love it, the colour and the pattern have worked well together.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic tatting Jeff! You have inspired me to find my pattern and maybe get to it ... later!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Must look at your previous posts to see where this pattern comes from! You did a great job with it, really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice doily.... Thanks for sharing the name of the book. I have taken note of the book to order the next time. I don't know German, so I presume this book has diagrams.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this looks even better than I imagined. (And the image in my mind looked pretty darned good!)

    Chomping at the bit to start one of my own...if only I could decide on a color scheme...decisions, decisions.

    Your doily is TOP SHELF! Just don't hide it up on one, that would be a shame.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice doily, and love the pattern, and the thread. Put that color on my new list...err! I have so much already...oh well! Nice job...

    ReplyDelete