Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Not Much Goin' On

Really. I haven't felt like doing much of anything lately. I guess I've been lost in thought since my last post. Unfortunately, it's work related again. Though, this time it's different. An opportunity within my department has become available. I spent the weekend thinking about whether or not I wanted to apply for it. I did apply for the position yesterday. Now, I'm a nervous wreck waiting to meet with Human Resources and a manager. So, I haven't managed to tat much. Though I did get a little done.

I started working on the third round of my Windmills doily, see here. I made one motif Sunday and Monday evening. I started a second one yesterday. With any luck, I'll have the second one done tonight. I'll then have only 16 more to go. Actually, more than 16. I have decided (time allowing, of course) to expand the doily into an oval once the third round is complete. I'm not sure how many motifs will be needed, and quite honestly, I don't want to think about it right now; I've got enough on my mind right now. Before I go, here's a tatting action shot:

This is the second Windmills motif that I was working on earlier this evening.

That's it for now. We'll see if I get anything else done. I'll keep you updated on the work thing, too, if anyone is interested. Till next time.

8 comments:

  1. I will keep my spare fingers crossed for you - the rest of them are already crossed while my brand new DIL awaits the result of her job interview!
    I had a look at your windmills doily, it's going to be very effective. Can't quite see how you will get it to be an oval, but I'll keep watching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff, the doily is spectacular!
    Good luck and keep us posted.
    j.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck Jeff!!

    Nice action shot - the tatting looks lovely as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck, Jeff. Hope it turns out well for you.

    The tatting looks amazing - as usual.

    Fox

    ReplyDelete
  5. houaaaa que de beaux ouvrages sur votre blog !!!!!
    c' est un plaisir de voir toutes ces merveilles en frivolité.
    Serait il possible d' avoir les explications pour le napperon " moulin à vent " ? Je suis en admiration devant ce napperon.
    Merci par avance
    bien cordialement

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, I noticed in your picture of the windmill, that you are holding your thread different than I have seen before. Do you happen to have a video of how you are working your stitches? I am a needle tatter who is just learning to shuttle tat and am finding it hard to get my method right.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Pati,

    Sorry, I don't have any videos of me tatting. I'm self taught, so I just found that this is the most comfortable way for me. There are dozens of ways you can hold your thread. I form my stitches in a pretty standard way. There are plenty of youtube videos available to help.

    ReplyDelete