Tuesday, February 9, 2010

All Systems Go! Plus a Little Tatting

Well, the new motherboard, processor, and memory arrived safely yesterday. After letting them warm up for a while (man, I really hate winter!), I tested, then installed them into my case. After a bit of tweaking, and a few setting changes, my system is up and running. As I expected, the upgrade caused Windows to lose Activation. Since the motherboard contains a large portion of a computers devices, Windows thought it was in a new computer. A quick call fixed the problem. As for an increase in performance, it does seem a little faster (which is expected), however I don't know if having a multi-core processor will make a difference. Though time will tell; I will have to check into some of my installed programs to see if they can take advantage of the dual cores.

Now, I feel kinda bad about not posting anything tatting related last week. I know it was beyond my control, but still. Since I am a fan of Doctor Who, I had to give Anne's TARDIS bookmark a go.

I found it very enjoyable to tat; probably since it is almost entirely rings and split rings. As you may know, I'm working on a doily using a Mary Konior motif that is almost entirely chains. I really like this pattern, though I have a small issue with it. It's size. Done is size 20 thread, my bookmark came out to be a little under 3 inches long and 1 1/4 inches wide. It would be easy to lengthen it by repeating a couple of the rows, but that will ruin the proportions. A tassel or fringe could work, but it may not look right. I had also thought of joining two at the base, kinda like a mirror image. But again it might not look right. Anyway, it's a lovely pattern, and I plan on tatting it again. Thread stats: Lizbeth size 20 in colour #656 Dark Wedgewood. This will be motif #17 of my Third 25 Motif Challenge.

That's all for now. I plan on posting again towards the end of the week, but I figured I'd give y'all a quick update. Till next time.

4 comments:

  1. I like the mirror image idea! Of course, it's hard to go wrong when you've chosen to tat with blue! Love the bookmark!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tardis is so neat and time-travel ready!

    Any chance you would consider makeing a few more of these and working them into a doily? Tardis doily! WooT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments ladies. I completely agree Diane about tatting with blue!

    That is an awesome idea Isdihara! I may have to try that sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that you are up and running again with your computer, Jeff. There's nothing worse. I recently changed ISP only to find that they did not provide free web space and so I lost my web site for a couple of weeks whilst I found a free web hosting site. Mind you, nothing is ever really free is it? Still had to pay a set-up fee and I have to pay for my name domain....fortunately it is only £10 for 2 years! LOL

    ReplyDelete