As I mentioned in the previous post, Linda Davies asked me to do some test-tatting for her. Actually, I think I offered first, but anyhow, I have been working on tatting a couple of Linda's new flower patterns. These are, I believe, for a new book Linda is working on.
I started with Linda's very pretty Daffodil. Here are a couple of photos of the finished pieces. I have kept the images small to help protect Linda's pattern.
The top photo shows the individual parts of the flower. The second photo is, of course, the completed daffodil. I used some of the pearl cotton that my brother got for me. It worked very well, and the cream colour makes a very nice looking flower. I really like this pattern. Linda's methods for creating the different flower parts, and her construction methods (layering, usage of beads, etc) make for some realistic flowers. I liked the pattern so much, that I made a second flower:
This daffodil is made using a "modern" pearl cotton, ie: one that I bought a few months ago. The pattern is straight forward and many flowers could be made is a fairly short time. A whole bouquet would look awesome (I know what someone is getting for Mother's Day next year! Or for her birthday in a few months).
I am currently working on another of Linda's new patterns. I should be done tomorrow, and after I send her any errors or changes that I feel need to be corrected, or made (don't worry Linda, I haven't found anything major), I will post about it soon after. Well, that all for now, I'll leave you with a photo of the two daffodils together. Until next time.