OK, I know, I'm a day late for St. Patrick's Day. I was going to post this yesterday, but I got hit with a severe migraine, and posting (well, practically anything) is difficult to do in the dark. Anyway, here is my motif # 13 (this and the heart from the previous post):
This is Ruth Perry's Celtic 4 Leaf Clover from the Tatting Calender. I used DMC Cebelia size 30 in colour number 699. Being 1/4 Irish, I felt obligated to make at least one clover/shamrock in honour of the day.
I was hoping to have another flower completed, but I'm not quite finished. I still have one petal to tat. Then I have to attach wires to all the parts. Then I have to assemble the flower. I hope I get it done for this weekend. I'll post a picture when it is done.
Finally, I have to show you my new orchid:
This orchid is a Doritaenopsis, which is a hybrid between a Doritis and a Phalaenopsis orchid. It is called Doritaenopsis (Minho Pink x Taisuco Firebird) 'DeLeon'. This is my first Intergeneric (between different related genera) Phalaenopsis hybrid, so I am looking forward to seeing if it is easier/harder to grow than my other Phalaenopsis orchids.