Thursday, May 5, 2011

Some Tatting, Finally!

Don't get too excited, I don't have much tatting to show. I'm not sure what it is lately, I just can't get into tatting. I want to tat something, I just don't know what. I have been working on my tie; I have 14 rows of 4-Ring squares left to go. I'm over half way there. I might start working on my mom's Windmills doily. I think for now, I will make it oval in shape. I don't want to make it round, but I may try Jane E's method of tricking myself into making the doily larger. Once it's oval, I might be inclined to continue making motifs until it's round. We'll see.

Anyway, here's the one piece of tatting that I managed to tat while away last week:


This is Ruth Perry's Celtic Maple Leaf. I've made it before, but this time I used some of Yarnplayer's Sugar Maple HDT in size 30 to make it. I like it in this colourway. Nothing really else to say about the leaf.

I think that's it for now. I'm kinda distracted right now; I'm catching up on the new season of Doctor Who. I've got a few new chainmaille earrings to share, but I'll make another post later. I may even get some more tatting done. Quick question before I go, any crocheters out there have a favourite (preferably online) shawl pattern? Till next time.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Jeff
    Lovely leaf and beautiful and gorgeous colours,
    Sorry I cant help help you with a pattern I am not a crochet person.
    Have a nice weekend.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love leaves, yet I've never tatted one. Thanks for sharing yours!

    Have you ever checked out Lisa Naskrent's patterns at Crochet Garden? I love her designs. I'm currently working on her Dahlia Shawl, which is in the current issue of Interweave Crochet. She does have four shawl designs online at: http://crochetgarden.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=91&zenid=4qc7ltdkmlc4ps9kmfk4hnh7p1

    Happy tatting and crocheting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the leaf!

    There are some wonderful current and not old and dowdy patterns, techniques and commentaries on Ravelry... mainly knitting, but there is tons of crocheted stuff also. Tatting too. Hours worth of info. Sorry, I have nothing specific.
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty leaf, the colors are just right.
    as for a shawl pattern, I have made them in broomstick lace, but there are quite a few at this link
    http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/directory/shawls_etc.php

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry I can't help with the shawl pattern, but I love the leaf tatted in that thread!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have done leaves, but love Celtic things very much. Will have to try and find this pattern...soon! Great job you did on it to.
    I'm sure your cold is probably over by now, but stay healthy so you can keep up the tatting....

    ReplyDelete