Thursday, December 2, 2010

I Got Nothin'

Pretty much, anyway. I'm still working on the Angels In The Snow snowflake that I started before the last post. I had a couple of sales last weekend, and worked at remaking the items that sold. I ended up playing with the Bicubix Blocks earrings, seen below:


I played around with using some then all coloured rings, with some very pretty results. Though due to my work schedule, I can't get some decent photos (I prefer to photograph my items outside, temperatures permitting). I did get a few indoor photos, but they don't do the earrings justice.



They look waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better in person. The purple rings in the bottom pair are much darker. The blue rings in the top photo are absolutely gorgeous. See here (hopefully). And that still doesn't do them justice. My supplier started using a new anodizing technique to make these, and other ring colours. Unfortunately, it will be at least another week before I can get these listed, but we'll see.

On the truck front, my dad found me a new(ish) truck. It's a 2006 GMC something or other. He won't tell me exactly what it is. I will be going back to their place Saturday after work. I have to admit, I'm not really looking forward to the trip. I'll be careful. Promise. Till next time.

6 comments:

  1. your work is very pretty Jeff.
    I have had many comments on the pendant and earrings you made me.

    thanks

    I may have to watch your shop for these new ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I could wear earrings, I'd definitely want these... they're beautiful! (especially the blue)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! those ARE nice! i like that pattern. Too bad I don't wear earrings ;) Just not my thing.
    Still enjoying my byzantine necklace and bracelet from you and getting compliments!

    Have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty Nifty!!

    So those are like , jump rings that are situated and manipulated in to those celtic, somewhat-tatting-like patterns?!

    That's really creative, Jeff.

    Ok, holding you to that promise of being careful when you go to get your 'new-ish' truck.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone. Glad you like them.

    Earrings aren't my thing either Mark. I'll have to come up with other stuff with the new ring colours.

    Pretty much Lily. Depending on the size of jump ring, and how they are woven together, hundreds of different patterns can be created. If you think these look kinda like tatting, you should check out the Celtic Star pendants in my shop.

    Oh, and you're not the only one holding me to that promise. Hopefully my nervousness will keep me safe.

    ReplyDelete