Quick update from my last post: as it turns out, everyone agreed (not with me) that the Tatting and Teneriffe Lace Hexagon doily should be left as it is. I still think it needs something to tie the motifs together. I have decided that I will leave the doily alone for a week or two to see if my opinion changes. In the meantime, I will make another hexagon using my last Teneriffe medallion (I'm going to have to make some more), and try my edging idea on that one. Maybe I'll be right; maybe I'll realize my idea won't work.
I mentioned in my last post that I had completed my Dawg hoodie by the Crochet Dude, hereby known as Renegade Dawg (thanks Sherry). I took a few pictures of myself wearing it. These are probably the best pictures I have taken of Renegade Dawg (though not of me, but then I hate having my picture taken, so I'm biased). You can see the colour variation really well is these pictures; I actually like the way it come out. Onwards to the pictures.
Out of all the pictures I took, this was the best (and I still don't like it). I would like to mention, that I usually wear glasses, but I took them off due to the funky ways the camera flash kept glaring off them. Anyway, here is another picture, one from the side.
This one is better. And, again, shows the colour variation really well here. Finally, here is one more picture of me wearing Renegade Dawg. The photo has a bonus in it.
Yup. I'm tatting in this one. This is probably my favourite of the three photos. I'll discuss the tatting later. I would like to thank all of you who commented with suggestions on how I could lessen the mismatched look of the different dye lots. I used each and every one to finish the hoodie.
Finally, I decided to participate in Sharon's design challenge (this sounds familiar). I had planned on using the rose, along with a few rounds of additional tatting to replace the Teneriffe in my hexagon pattern. The outer rounds were supposed to be the same as said hexagon. It didn't work that way:
This is my Tatted Rose Hexagon - Mark 1. While working the design, I came across a few modifications that need to be done. So you will probably see a Mark 2, and perhaps a Mark 3 before I am fully satisfied. This will be motif #21 of my Second 25 Motif Challenge. All future motifs based on this motif will not be counted. Later.