Thursday, May 18, 2017

The Monsterpiece Doily, Rounds 13,14&15: Making Progress

So, I'm just going to pretend that I didn't flake out and not post for the past six months. Seriously, I'm not really sure how that happened. I did get a lot done though! I crocheted an entire afghan, finished knitting some socks I started last year, and a fair amount of tatting too. I also did a lot of housework, mainly organizing. I still have more organizing to do though. Hopefully I will get some pictures of the finished craft projects posted as soon as possible.

Once I started back on the Monsterpiece doily, it went pretty quickly. I tatted my way through round 13, which I was about half done when I put it down. Round 14 went by quickly, I think it took me like four days to finish, and I didn't spend a lot of time each day on it. I am currently past the half way point on round 15. It is pretty quick to tat, but not as quick as the previous round.


I'm really having a hard time photographing this beast. I'm looking forward to the next round as I will be changing colours. It's also the last easy round before the final two rounds. I'm kinda getting sick of this green, but that could be because I've been looking at the ball and shuttle attached to the doily for six months. Thread stats: Manuela no. 20 colour #a044.

 Finally thanks to a number of people posting about them, I purchased a couple of the new bobbin clover shuttles.

I really like the case, I not sure why though. I bought them the Japanese source Jane E. mentioned, found here. They arrived on Tuesday, and they shipped on May 5th, which is almost as fast if not faster than coming from the US. It worked about to be about significantly cheaper to order from Japan too. I haven't used them yet. I'm trying to get the Monsterpiece Doily finished. I might still play with them later.

That's it for now. I won't promise anything, but I'll try to get back into the habit of posting again. Till next time.

11 comments:

  1. Great to see you posting again. I love your Monster doily, looks so nice. I also ordered the Clover bobbin shuttles. They work quite well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The doily is looking magnificent. So pleased to see you back too. I'm using the new shuttles all the time now and also found the shipping really fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot how beautiful the monster was nice to see it again :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see you back with us, your monster doily is looking magnificent

    ReplyDelete
  5. The doily is fantastic, those colours really are great together

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your doily is looking fabulous! I love the new Clover shuttles, and I also had to have the box. I do appreciate the quick service from Japan!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The monster is looking great. The last rounds are long, but quite worth it. Figured out where to put it yet?
    I finally tried out my clover bobbin shuttles yesterday. They work fine, but I keep expecting them to click.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your doily is outstanding!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also ordered these from Japan - a LOT cheaper than the US. For us Canadians, Japan has a good exchange rate and is pretty much on par with our dollar. Interesting how Americans charge outrageous prices for postage... Mind you, Canada Post is expensive from one province to another - $15.00 to send a tiny package to Alberta... Grrrr. Go figure.
    🇨🇦😡

    ReplyDelete