Monday, June 16, 2014

An Interesting Few Weeks (And Some Tatting!)

I had planned to post near the beginning of the month. I really did. However something funny kinda happened. I ended up in the hospital two weeks ago yesterday. Yeah, wasn't really very funny, or fun for that matter. Went in to the hospital with vertigo, and found out that I had very high blood pressure. I was in the hospital for three and a half days. I had many tests and was put on medication while I was there. Nothing significant was found. I did go back to work for the rest of the week. The doctor told me to take the following week off when I next saw him (ie: last week; I went back to work yesterday). I didn't bring anything with me to do while I was in the hospital- I didn't think I would be hospitalized. And I didn't know how long I would be there; it was kinda one day at a time. However, I have been doing a fair amount since. I did a lot last week while resting.

Since I spent a fair amount of time lying in bed taking it easy, I wanted something easy to work on. I decided to work on the Windmills Doily. If you need to refresh you mind on what it looks like, or are new here, you see what it last looked like here. I continued making it oval shaped.


I'm actually further along than this. I am working on another "row" to make it longer. It looks more like the digitally altered version I made to show how it will look if I made it oval. You can see that version here. I am planning on adding a row to the top and bottom to make it wider. Probably won't get to that point during this tatting session. I am starting getting tired of it again. Thread stats: DMC Cordonnet size 20. I'll provide an update once I'm finished the current row- I have three more motifs to make.

Finally, I'll share another motif from New Tatting. This was the motif I planned on blogging about two weeks ago.


This is the Dahlia motif. It was quick and easy to tat. As with the first motif I shared in the my last post, I jumped from the first round to the second with a split chain and a split ring. This was tatted in Lizbeth size 20. I don't know the colour number right now. I'll update the post if/when I find the ball of thread. I don't remember where I put it two weeks ago.

That's about it for now. I'll try and post again soon. In case anyone is interested, I am also having a sale in my Etsy shop for the rest of the week.  Till next time.


12 comments:

  1. Hope you are all better now, Jeff! Take care of yourself and tat lots!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Fox! I do feel better right now. At least until someone decides I need a medication change. And I will!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fai dei lavori molto belli . Dove posso trovare il modello del centro? grazie ciao

    ReplyDelete
  4. That must have been a shock Jeff ending up in hospital but you obviously needed the rest and I do hope that they have got your medication right.
    Your tatting is amazing, made my eyes go funny when I looked at it! But boredom does kick in after a while when working on such a large project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are feeling better, now and will continue to recover.
    Lovely oval mat, great pattern.
    Lovely little motif,
    Take care
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  6. And the moral of the story is, of course, that you should NEVER leave the house without your tatting - just in case! I'm happy to read that you are feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ps check out cardiologist, Dr Willian Davis... Read carefully....VERY Transformative program.... : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous windmill doily!!! :)
    Fabulous motif!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vertigo is not fun! I'm glad you're doing better, and that you've had time to tat. I've been meaning to try that pattern... soon... soon...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jeff,
    Hope you had a great Canada Day!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jeff,

    Hope you're feeling better. I enjoyed reading about your tatting, and seeing your work.

    I was wondering if you wouldn't mind my adding your blog to my tatting website? If you prefer that I not, no problem! But a girl can ask, right? lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Susan,

    I am feeling better. Thanks.

    Absolutely! I generally don't have issues with people adding my blog to their websites/blogs. Thanks for asking.

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete