Just a quick update: I don't want anyone thinking I disappeared. I took a short break from crocheting to tat this little dragon from Anne Bruvold:
This is Ringtrim, a Norwegian Micro Dragon. For this dragon, I used DMC Perle Cotton size 12 in colour numbers 932 and 503. This is a cute and fairly quick pattern to tat. Instead of using Single Shuttle Split Rings (SSSR) for the first five rings, I used regular SR, then cut off shuttle 2 and added the second colour. I then continued on with the instructions. I won't count this as a motif in the challenge.
As I mentioned in my previous post, I am working on a crocheted hoodie design by the Crochet Dude. I have the back, front, pocket, and both sleeves done. So, I am ready to begin assembly, then can work on the ribbing and hood. Now, I mentioned briefly about having some colour differences between the old and new version of the colour I am using. As it turns out, the new yarn varies dramatically in dye lots as well. I didn't notice that when I purchased more yarn. Here is a photo to (hopefully) illustrate my point:
The sleeves are both in the new Bernat Camouflage 'Renegade' and the front and back are in the old. I had been trying to match the colours, but at this point I don't think I can. I have decided that I will finish the hoodie, trying to be consistent and will remake this again in a new, consistent colour. This one will be worn at home, unless it turns out really cool. Once this project is done, I return to tatting for a little while. Cheers.